Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide/Lock Tickets (Issues) by Org or Custom Field Selection

Jared Greig April 26, 2024

Hi,

We are a client-service organization.  Our client has an employee, whose wife works on our internal team.  The client wants to ensure that our team-member (the wife) does not work tickets related to their organization due to the relation.

Therefore, I'm attempting to find a way in which a ticket could lock once said client gets chosen in the organization field.

I was thinking I could perform an automation along the lines of "IF Organization = ABCcompany, THEN set security level to 1" type of thing.  However, in my experience with security levels, they more so provide access once set, not so much decline access.  We'd therefore be turning on Security Level 1 (for example) for everyone to access all tickets, and she would just not be included in that security level 1 group.  Hope that makes sense but open to any solutions.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2024

@Jared Greig -

Using issue security configuration is the best way to locked down issue visibility within a project.  You will have to configure the configuration of the security levels properly, then using automation rule should work to enforce your setup.  Keep in mind that if the person has the project access, it means that he/she will still have access to all the issues in the project where the security level is not set.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thanks Joseph!

To ensure I understand the best method to achieve this;

1. Security Level would include ALL team-members, minus the wife.  Lets call this Security Level 1.

2. An automation would run on all tickets to add the security level 1, thus enabling the visibility to all team members, minus the wife.

I'm under the impression that security levels only grant access, not take it away.  If there is a method to block ONLY HER, that would be my preferred path.

Thanks!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2024

@Jared Greig -

Issue Security Configuration setup is to control issue visibility to users and it doesn't block access to the project.  So, your understanding is correct.

If my suggestion helped you, please click on "Accept answer" when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph 

thank you, I appreciate the confirmation.  Answer accepted!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events