Hide Comment Internally / Externally for Transitions

Patrick Dufresne November 9, 2017

Is there a way to hide the Comment Option when I'm transitioning an issue, I don't want this visible when I'm making a transition from one status to another. 

2 answers

4 votes
Johnson Wang November 30, 2017

Hi @Patrick Dufresne,

Unfortunately you can't do this with JIRA right out of the box. But one great solution is to use an add-on like Power Scripts. With a few lines of code, you can easily hide the Comment box during a transition.

We've put together a short 4 min video showing you how to set this all up. We've also included the sample script we used so you can just copy and paste it to test yourself.

Hope this helps!

Johnson

0 votes
volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2017

Hi Patrick;

Edit Workflow-->Select transition--> edit transition--> select "none" screen as below

Image 1.png

Best regards

Patrick Dufresne November 10, 2017

Thanks, assuming I did want a screen though with other mandatory fields is there no work around? I suppose adding conditions for fields to be complete would be the way around it preventing the transition from happening.

volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events