Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone integrated a Single Sign on between Jira Service Desk and their users for another system?

Jennifer Volpe June 7, 2019

HI alll,

We are trying to configure a single sign on process with users from our platform into jira service desk. Has anyone accomplished this? We are using KeyCloack identity manager authentication on our platform. Please let me know if anyone has ideas on how to do this, thanks! 

4 answers

0 votes
Shradha Kamble
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 12, 2019

Hi @Jennifer Volpe

Yes, you can integrate Jira Service Desk Server as well as Data Center with Keycloak as Identity Provider using miniOrange Jira SAML Single Sign On (SSO) plugin.
We are one of the top Atlassian vendors and have good customer experience using our plugin with Keycloak provider.

You can take help of this guide to set it up: https://plugins.miniorange.com/saml-single-sign-sso-jira-using-jboss-keyclock

You can reach out to me at atlassiansupport@miniorange.com for assistance with the setup. We provide end to end configurations free of charge.

Full disclosure: I work for miniOrange top Atlassian vendor.

Thanks,
Shradha
miniOrange

0 votes
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2019

Hi @Jennifer Volpe

like Jon already said, you'll have to use a 3rd Party App to do that. There are quite a few in the marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=jira-service-desk&query=saml

Our App is the most installed on and we have quite a few customers with Keycloak. You use SAML with our App for SSO.

This Guide gives you an idea how to do the setup on both sides: https://wiki.resolution.de/doc/saml-sso/latest/all/setup-guides-for-saml-sso/keycloak/keycloak-with-manual-provisioning

However in the next release, our APP also implements the Keycloak API to synchronise Users & Groups from Keycloak into Jira/JSD. A feature we call User Sync for Keycloak. It's available in beta already, let us know if you like access to it already.

All other Plugins do support at a maximum "just in time" provisioning, which means the User is created during login. This has the downside that the user can never be deactivated in this method and is not available (to be added as a participant for example) before he logged in the first time. Our plugin certainly supports this as well, but usually true synchronisation is the better option.

To get in touch you have varies options:

Last but not least here is the link to our plugin on the marketplace.

Cheers,
    Christian

P.S. I work for resolution, a marketplace vendor

Jennifer Volpe July 3, 2019

thank you for your comment! We are using Jira cloud...im assuming your service will not work with that? 

0 votes
Jon Espen Ingvaldsen Kantega SSO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2019

Hi @Jennifer Volpe 

With the server and data center versions of JSD you use Marketplace apps to setup Keycloak as authentication mechanism for both customer and agent users. Keycloak allow you to setup SSO with either the SAML or OpenID-Connect (OIDC) protocol.

Full disclosure: I work for Kantega SSO, one of the marketplace vendors with Jira Servicedesk apps for both SAML and OIDC. Please reach out to our support team if you want a demo or need assistance with your Keycloak setup.

Have a nice day!
-Jon Espen
Kantega SSO

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2019

Hi Jennifer,

I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to the same question, so to avoid any possible misunderstandings or miscommunication that may arise from discussing the same matter in two different platforms, let's focus on the ticket instead.
Once the ticket is resolved, feel free to share the resolution here with us to help other community members that may have the same question.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events