Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms and default JSM fields look different

Steven Lees-Smith April 5, 2022

Hi there,

I decided to use the new 'Forms' in JSM to build up some of our forms to leverage the idea of not having to create a tonne of custom fields.

I have noticed a difference in the standard fields within JSM (red lines) and the formatting of the fields that are populated from the 'Forms' (blue lines).

I am not sure where I can go to reduce the size and style of the font used in the form to try and make everything have a consistent view for the customer when they are on forms.

Thanks.

JSM_Forms.JPG

1 answer

2 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022

Hi @Steven Lees-Smith ,

As Summary is a system field which is required for each issue, you cannot integrate that one onto your form. Indeed, the layout of form fields may differ a bit from the system/custom Jira fields, but you should be able to configure the layout of your form like adding section title or multiple columns. The size and style of the font however cannot be altered to my knowledge.

Steven Lees-Smith April 6, 2022

Hey,

That screen shot is from the portal, I have the standard Jira forms added in the request type (the first three fields) then the form fields are shown underneath that (the following three).

First thing the people testing the forms called out was the difference in the label fonts, which I feel people are going to get stuck on here.

Do you know if there is a way to alter the size of the standard jira field label font?

Shame something has been integrated that looks visibly different to the end user, the forms works out exactly as I need them to apart from that.

Like Chris Rogers likes this
Chris Rogers May 26, 2022

Running into the same issue; the fields configured at the Request Type level (e.g. Insight fields) are visibly a smaller font than those configured in the forms.

Steven Lees-Smith May 26, 2022

my work around is just having forms fields for the fields that I can link back to Jira fields to allow for a more uniformed view of the labels.

Like Chris Rogers likes this

For sure!  I will see if anyone has logged this as a feature request/bug fix for the Forms functionality.  I know it's coming, but right now, it's not possible to add an Insight field into the form, and those are the request types I get this feedback the most on

I didn't see anything so I've opened JSDCLOUD-11373 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events