Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Upgrade - Reverted to Old Version makes some ServiceDesk Tickets Unable to Close

Help Desk March 11, 2019

We are running a self-hosted JIRA Core 7.10.2 with JIRA Service Desk 3.13.2 on Windows Server 2016.

I attempted an upgrade which had errors, and ultimately failed, making the Jira Service Desk system unusable.  I had to revert to a previous backup, but it seems some previously-closed Service Desk items lost their "Closed" flag, and I'm now unable to properly "Close" them. They stay in the Queue since they're not Closed.

Additionally, this has made me weary of an upgrade to JIRA Core 8.0.2, or any other version for that matter.

Any support and guidance is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2019

I have lots of questions about the upgrade failure itself and the exact steps you took to restore this Jira site.  However without getting logs from your system, this will be extremely difficult for us to help effectively here.  So I created a support request on your behalf in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/SDS-40060

Please provide the requested logs in that ticket and our support team can best advise you on the next steps to either get this working and/or better understand why the upgrade might have failed.  The two problems could certainly be directly related to each other, but without a close examination of the logs, I don't think it's worth speculating on just yet.

Help Desk March 13, 2019

Thanks. I will run through that now and provide what you need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events