Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External clients creating support tickets via email

Andrew Exley January 25, 2015

Hi,

We've just moved over to JIRA Service Desk for our internal support system. In transferring from our current job logging system, one of the incoming queues we had was for creditors to email their invoices to to ensure they got processed.

Our previous system would accept the email from new addresses and create a ticket under the email address of the sender. They could then follow the process of the invoice payment. With JIRA SD I can't seem to replicate this behaviour. To have externals sign up for accounts, it has to be done manually through the website and not automatically via email.

I've tried to work my way around this by creating a standard JIRA project and a generic user that processes all external emails sent to the invoice email queue. The problem I've discovered with this is that after creating the ticket there is no reference to the email address the request came from, so if we have to follow up, there is no contact detail.

Can anyone recommend a better way to handle this process that will allow to achieve what I am after?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Exley January 25, 2015

Thanks.

It may do for now, but ideally I'd like to have new Service Desk users created from incoming emails just as JIRA users can be.

How do I "grab" the incoming email address to add to an extra field?

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2015

Hi,

What if you just have an extra field to store customer's email?

So, the approach you took with creating a generic user an creating a standard JIRA project, but with added extra field to store customer's email.

Will this work for you?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events