Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Email notification when object changes status

I'm trying to setup an automation rule that will email a user once an object status has changed. Here is an example: Object A is currently in a "Used" status aboard a spacecraft A and something happens to that object (has a fault/failed). Therefore an engineer will then update the object's status to "Failed". I would then like to set up an automation rule that will send an email to someone once this happens. Also if object A is also part of spacecraft B. Therefore i will also want to email the project lead of spacecraft B. Is this possible? and if so how?

Thanks

Chris Taylor

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Chris,

Developer from Automation here.

Currently the "object updated" trigger in Automation does not currently know what particular change triggered the rule i.e. status. We have a feature request for this in our public issue tracker https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10017. There's a mention in that ticket that it may be possible to query the object history REST endpoint using a wait on response webhook action to see if the status attribute changed, but no guarantee that will work for your particular use case.

If you require further support feel free to get in contact with support to see if anything else can be done: https://support.atlassian.com/.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

285 views 0 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you