Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying all Knowledge Base articles on a Jira Service Desk portal

Deleted user February 11, 2018

Hi

Is there a way to display all the Knowledge Base article titles (with links) on the home page of the Service Desk portal?

I'm not sure our users (public) will necessarily know what to search for and the titles would give them a useful hint.

6 answers

5 votes
Leos Literak October 5, 2019

I absolutely agree. I want to browse the topics. Searching is not sufficient because the topic might not have the keywords I use.

2 votes
Beatport Admin December 9, 2019

You can also use Categories in your Knowledge Base.

This is the best way I know of.  If you place an article (page) in a specific category of your KB, then the article will show up in your help desk portal.  I have put pretty much all pages in a specific category as to basically have a true article-accessible KB, along with a request button in each category.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

hakimshukor July 8, 2020

This only for Cloud Version.

Paweł Gołębiewski May 6, 2021

Could you give some instructions on how to do this? I don't see the option to have request button in each category...

0 votes
Chris O_Dell March 16, 2022

Wow, I can't believe there's no way to simply *list* KB articles in the help center.  :(   I took this for granted when I migrated from zoho to jira SM, now regretting not confirming all these kinds of features in advance.

0 votes
Jira Admin February 17, 2021

I was trying to migrate our Jira server to the cloud and found the same problem. I want my customers to see all the knowledge base articles without having to search for them.

Yes, you can set it up via announcements, but then i have to link every page to a announcement. Thats a lot of work when you have like 200 pages.

Paweł Gołębiewski May 6, 2021

Workaround is to link the Overview page in the annoucement, and set it up so Overview page has children display of all the pages.

To get the link you have to search for the overview article (you can create new one or put some keywords in it).

0 votes
Joe Russo September 4, 2020

I love what I've setup thus far but have really hit a wall. I'm not concerned about the price or plan; just the ability on the Portal to display all of the knowledge base questions. 

When a new person is onboarded, they browse specific sections within the knowledge base. We want (need) to send users to one location (portal) to: 

1. Submit a ticket if they have a bug or issue

2. Browse the knowledge base to view FAQs, how-to's, etc. 

Please advise if it's possible - thanks! 

Gregor Nebel January 20, 2021

Hi @Joe Russo

did you find a solution for you mentioned problem? This would be exactly what I'm trying to set up.

Thanks, 

Gregor

Andrew Smith February 22, 2021

Has anyone found a solution for this issue yet?  I know that Confluence will allow you to create a page for Articles, but I want a single portal for ticket submission and support article review.  

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2018

Hi Kieron,

There's not yet a feature to do this, but we have a few feature requests that are in-line with what you are looking to do:

• JSDSERVER-764 Provide a link directly to the Confluence Knowledge base article in Customer Portal
  • JSDSERVER-4464 As an administrator I want to be able to embed my knowledge base into the customer portal

There are workarounds listed on those but you may also want to embed links to your Confluence space used with your Service Desk in your Announcement banner:

Please vote on the above feature requests that you are interested in (if you're on Cloud you can find links to the Cloud versions of the features in the ticket). Leave a comment there as well with feedback of your usage case in particular.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,
Shannon

Jay Keck May 8, 2019

Hi Shannon,

I'm interested in letting the user see page listings as well and I tried your suggestion of pasting in the space url into the service desk announcement banner. It worked, I was able to then see the page directory, BUT, it forced me to request a confluence license.

Is there not a way to see the page directory of the knowledge base space as a service desk customer(ie not having to get a confluence license)?

Thanks,

Jay

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2019

Hello Jay,

Thank you for following-up on this thread!

So if Kieron's users were all public, that is, anonymous, and without an account on Service Desk, then they can access the pages if the space has Anonymous permissions applied.

If your users all have Customer accounts in Jira Service Desk, then Confluence doesn't consider them to be anonymous users and won't allow access. A workaround to this is to open the tab in Incognito Mode as anonymous users.

As part of making authentication and single sign-on easier across Atlassian products we have consolidated product access through Atlassian account (Atlassian Account for Users). This means that access to our products outside the customer portal requires an Atlassian account.

The workaround as follows from the above feature request:

If you need your customers to directly access Confluence to browse through KB articles, you can either:

1. Make your space anonymous-accessible. This will mean that anyone will be able to browse your KB articles without needing to log in. If you are experiencing issues as described in CONF-30161 then please make sure you have linked your space to a JIRA Service Desk project via Project Settings → Knowledge Base as this fixes the problem.
  2. If you do not want to make your space anonymous accessible, ie. you want customers to explicitly log in before they can see Confluence, then you must convert your customer user accounts to Atlassian accounts. You can convert them yourself using the instructions on Select the Right Account for Your Jira Service Desk Customers or you can file a support ticket and our support can bulk migrate your customer accounts to Atlassian accounts. Having an Atlassian account does not consume a license.

I hope that clarifies things for you. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Shannon

Like # people like this
David Leffler April 19, 2021

Hi Shannon,

could you answer Joe Russo's comment below? Seems to be a feature a few people need

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events