Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different HTML in email

Wesley Jones May 13, 2019

I'm getting a different HTML email than I expect. Here's the one that is not what I expect Jira's notices to look like:

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 5.12.55 PM.png

Here's what I have always received in the past:

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 4.57.16 PM.png

I have configured the server to send HTML mail.

I can't figure out why these look different. When I go to Project Settings > Customer Notifications > Templates, Edit templates; the set up is the HTML sample is like the first image, but in all other previous JIra environments I've worked in the emails have looked like the bottom one. Any pointers as to why I am seeing this type of email message?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2019

Hi Wesley,

Thank you for the details and screenshots.
The first screenshot is related to Customer notification, this notification is only received by who is a customer in the ticket, like the reporter, participant, member of an organization.
The second one only licensed users receive, like the assignee of the ticket.
If you are receiving the first notification it means that your role in the ticket is a customer an not an agent.
If you are a licensed user and have an agent role in the ticket, you will receive notifications as the second one.

Regards,
Angélica

Wesley Jones May 14, 2019

Thanks for the details.

So for our members of the group jira-servicedesk-users, will they see the second screenshot or the first?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2019

They will receive the second one if they are the assignee or watcher on the ticket. If they are a reporter, for example, even if they have a license (group jira-servicedesk-users), they will receive the first one that is the customer notification. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events