Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deny to report but allow to see reported issues within project/customer group

Valdis April 8, 2019

Hi,

As stated in topic. We want to create 10 SD customers but allow only 3 of them to be able to submit tickets.

No issues with those 3, they are regular SD users.

Other 7 should be able to log in SD and to be able to see the tickets reported by those 3. Is it possible? only option so far is to deny the reporting in the workflow, but it's confusing since the user is able to see the request forms and fill them. It would be good if those 7 could not see request type icons but could see Requests button in upper right corner and the issues reported.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2019

I haven't try this but maybe you could try yourself... just in case it works. I feel like it should.

• Create a new group, something like "ticket_creators"
  • Assign those 3 customers to the new group.
  • Clone the permission scheme used in your project and edit the new version by removing the Service desk customer group from each permission type AT THE ISSUE LEVEL, and replace this group with the new one.

Hopefully the result will be that the 3 users in the new group are going to be able to do everything as they could before and the users just in the default Service Desk customer group are going to be able to navigate through created issues but not perform any action on them.

This should be the result since the Search Projects permission (at the project, not issue, level) remains untouched with this new configuration. And that permission reads something like (im translating from my language): "Allows to navigate existing projects and issues within those".

Let me know if that works. As I've said it's just a hunch.

Valdis April 9, 2019

Group, you mean under USER MANAGEMENT -> Groups or System -> Project Roles?

I created new project role f.e. Service desk super customer , assigned those 3 users to that role. If I remove the default Service desk customer - portal access from f.e. Create Issues, there's warning that the permissions are incorrect and that SD user must have that permissions. (The Service Desk Customer - Portal Access security type must be assigned to: *Create Issues) portal works, I cannot manage customers.

And I cannot get the user without "super" permissions to see the tickets in ServiceDesk side. If Create issue permission is not set, the 7 users does not appear in "Customers".

I tried to do vice versa - Creating group with less permissions and assigned to that group browsing. Issue is the same, the less power user can log in portal, but cannot see the requests, only the permission error does not appear this way.

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2019

Yes, I can see the problem now that you mention it...

Sorry it didn't work. I just spoke from the top of my mind at the moment.

Best of luck with your search.

Valdis April 9, 2019

Thanks anyway. ;)

Like Iago Docando likes this
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2019

I felt bad for having giving you a wrong answer so I've searched a little and I'm afraid unless something has changed VERY recently what you want to do is not currently possible :(

The most relevant information I've found comes from this other post. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Restrict-Service-Desk-Portal-signup-to-a-specific-Domain/qaq-p/782699

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events