Date and Time Field

Katherine Stevens June 22, 2022

Is there a way to configure the date and time field on the portal to not allow the  client to select a time that was in the past?

Example:  they wouldn't be able to select yesterday at 5am as the time.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2022

Hi @Katherine Stevens

It's Aleksandra from Deviniti, the vendor of the Extension for JSM app.

If you're looking for an instant validation on the request form which would prevent customers from selecting a date/time form the past, I believe that the Extension app may be of help as well.

With Extension, you're able to build a dynamic form on the portal with additional validation for date pickers. Here, with the is before request creation (+/- offset) validator you can prevent customers from inserting dates in the past.

Feel free to ask here in case of any additional questions about the functionality or setup.

I'll be happy to help!

Cheers,
Aleksandra

0 votes

I tried the validator, and I published the workflow.  I went into the portal and created a test ticket.  It still allowed me to pick a time in the past.

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2022

Hi, @Katherine Stevens !

Have you already tried "Date Window Validator"?  Here you can find details.

I tried the validator, and I published the workflow.  I went into the portal and created a test ticket.  It still allowed me to pick a time in the past.Date Validator.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events