Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Date and Time Field

Is there a way to configure the date and time field on the portal to not allow the  client to select a time that was in the past?

Example:  they wouldn't be able to select yesterday at 5am as the time.

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes

Hi @Katherine Stevens

It's Aleksandra from Deviniti, the vendor of the Extension for JSM app.

If you're looking for an instant validation on the request form which would prevent customers from selecting a date/time form the past, I believe that the Extension app may be of help as well.

With Extension, you're able to build a dynamic form on the portal with additional validation for date pickers. Here, with the is before request creation (+/- offset) validator you can prevent customers from inserting dates in the past.

Feel free to ask here in case of any additional questions about the functionality or setup.

I'll be happy to help!

Cheers,
Aleksandra

I tried the validator, and I published the workflow.  I went into the portal and created a test ticket.  It still allowed me to pick a time in the past.

0 votes

Hi, @Katherine Stevens  !

Have you already tried "Date Window Validator"?  Here you can find details.

I tried the validator, and I published the workflow.  I went into the portal and created a test ticket.  It still allowed me to pick a time in the past.Date Validator.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

330 views 0 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you