Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customising the Service Desk Web Portal home screen - how have Atlassian done it?

Deleted user May 26, 2014

Atlassian have started using the Service Desk Customer Portal for their support enquiries(https://support.atlassian.com/customer/home)

We're also using the customer portal, and would love to customise our home page in a similar way to the way that Atlassian have, but the options we're given are a lot more limited.

How have Atlassian done this, and is it something that we can do too?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user June 11, 2014

I spoke to an Atlassian consultant about this the other day - apparently they've done lots of serverside javascript customisation of the pages. Hopefully us mortals can have access to some of this goodness one day.

Gary M June 11, 2014

"mortals", that's a good one, and how I feel. Maybe I should pray to Atlas more often.

Our solution, which we are just starting, is to link to Confluence and the Customer Portal, from a web page we make. Client needs to login for each of the two links. It's a work-around.

0 votes
Cortland Bolles June 11, 2014

We customized the header in Confluence and Jira to make Confluence, Questions, and Jira / Service Desk seem like one integrated product. Waiting for the enhancement in Service Desk to be able to customize the header there too to match the same options (see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-22).

0 votes
Gary M June 11, 2014

I have the same issue/question as Mark. We want to move to Jira but the lack of true customization of the customer support portal is a show-stopper. Social networking of a team is the old days (aka Confluence). today its all about self-service and customer access. Jira needs to get its act together on this one.

Jira's customer portal has a section called "Support Resources". How do WE, out here, setup the same type of support portal ???

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events