Customers must have collaborator in order to comment by replying email to the existing issue?

A June 18, 2015

Sender/Customer (a member of Service Desk Customers ROLE) emailed to get a ticket created.  After she got an email notification, she replied the email, which should be added as a comment to the existing ticket.  However, she got an email notification saying she does not have permission on ISSUE_COMMENT event.  Admin then granted the role "Service Desk Customers" to allow "ADD_COMMENT".  Turned out JSD complained that was a  problem and provided an auto fix to revoke the "Service Desk Customers" role from "ADD_COMMENT" event.  Admin then discovered that  in order to allow the Customer to add a comment by replying emails,  s/he must be a collaborator, which consumes JIRA License.  This does not make sense.  Service Desk v2 release notes clearly indicates that Customers are free (no JIRA licenses or JSD license consumption), and are able to email to create tickets and replying to the email will be added as comments to the existing ticket.   Am I missing something here?   Any info or hint would be greatly appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2015

Hi @Anonymous,

Can I ask that you create a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com in regard to this specific issue?

That way we can provide you with support specific to your circumstances and with higher security. 

Regards

Matt

JIRA Service Desk developer

0 votes
A June 19, 2015

Thanks for your prompt response, Matthew!    I have created JSD related tickets in htps://support.atlassian.com.  however, no one responded to my tickets.   That's why I normally come here to post my questions 'cuz I get a quick response as you just did.   Ok, I will go to the support site to create a ticket for this issue.  Note that we're on 30 day free trial, I need to get answer asap whether this is an existing issue or in the process of fixing it or some workaround out there) so we can decide on the procurement of the software before the free trial expires.

Again thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events