Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer specific instruction on Incidents raised

Henrik Lambert December 13, 2019

Hi,

I would like to show under "SLA" on the Jira ticket view a customer instruction per client i have. 

Example:

Please remember the first two hours for this client is prepaid, remember to add to this account.

Does anyone have some good solutions for this?

1 answer

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2019

Dear,

Please can you clarify more on your request, so that i can assist

Henrik Lambert December 15, 2019

Hi Sarmad,

Thanks for writing. Is it the whole ting you don't understand? I will try to restate what the usecase is and then the solution can be completely free within Jira. This will remove any limitations for you to think creatively.

We have a number of clients with special instructions that need to be taken in to account when resolving incidents in Jira Service Desk. These instructions are client specific.

I need in a simple manor to expose this instruction to the supporter working on the incident before they start working.

Another example: Make sure to take a backup of production before resolving issue.

Example two: Have you ensured that the client has sufficient pre-paid hours before your start working on the incident.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Hi,

Do you have email notification enabled for assignee? 

you can add instruction details in email body one's the issue is been raised and ticket is assigned to the support team. So that they can follow the same instructions before they start working on the issue.

Henrik Lambert December 16, 2019

Hi Sarmad,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Could it be Account/Customer Specific in e-mail?

I definitely would prefer it being visible in the main view on the incident and close to where the SLA countdown is shown as that would be the section they focus on first before transitioning to In-Progress. Du you have a suggestion here? Or maybe as a transition gate of sorts.

Regards

Henrik

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2019

How big is the instruction message? or you can do one this add it in workflow before changing the status In-Progress they should see the Instruction status.

Like Henrik Lambert likes this
Henrik Lambert December 16, 2019

Hi, 

I just confirmed with the business consultants. 

Customer: Confirm PO before starting on resolution. Find more information on customer wiki (Link)

Customer: Only Cusultant X may access production. Find more information on customer wiki (Link)

Customer: No remote access to server, arrange remote session to work on resolution. Find more information on customer wiki (Link)

These are the most common.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2019

Dear,

why don't you add a approval process. Once the request or issue is been raised it should get the approval from customer confirming the PO. or from concern person for checking the required details before working on resolution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events