Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer doesn't see the tickets I moved to the project.

Philippe Vlaemminck June 10, 2022

Hello Community,

I had a Jira Software project with 30 tickets in it. These tickets were made by 1 Project Lead in my organisation and he was 'Reporter' on all of them. These issues were all raised by our Customer via regular mail to our project Lead and he registered the issues in Jira.

This Project Lead left our company and in meantime I transferred all the 30 issues from this Jira Software project to a Jira Service Management project, in order to create visibility towards my customer on these tickets. I also changed the Reporter field from my previous Project Lead to the name of my Customer.

In meantime, my Customer created 4 more issues using the new interface.
https://-------.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/9

The problem is :

When my customer logs into her interface, she sees the 4 tickets she made but not the 30 tickets she is Reporter on. What can I do so she sees these?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Hi @Philippe Vlaemminck ,

Check if your customer's org is present in the ticket, and most importantly that on those 30 tickets l, the appropriate request type is set.

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot! These tickets indeed had an empty organisation, so I managed to change this into the organisation this customer belongs to, now I have 34 tickets all with the same organisation.

Unfortunately this customer still only sees 3 of them. 

Then I went to the customer section in my Project and noticed that this customer still only had 3 tickets open on her name. Clicking on this showed me this query :

reporter = qm:07f8ac2a-200<and a lot more>  AND project = xxxxxx AND resolution is EMPTY AND "Request Type" is not EMPTY

aha --> Filtering on this shows indeed : that 'Request Type' is empty on 31 tickets.
There we have it.
Unfortunately bulk edit doesn't show 'Request Type' as an editable field....

I'm still stuck. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

I think that you can create an automation rule. This will allow you to edit the request time.

But you can also change these 30 tickets by hand. It's not that many.

Indeed, I change this manually. Job done !

Thanks for pointing this out to me, really appreciated !

Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2022

Nice!

0 votes
Olga Plisko August 16, 2022

Joseph Chung Yin,

we also have the same problem with moved issues to JSM project.

BTW, there is no editable field "Request Type". 

I can't add it to the screen and also to bulk operations.

after moving issue into JSM project reporters/owner can't see the issue any more.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2022

@Olga Plisko -

"Request Type" is always there for JSM project (it is a key part of the JSM project), so I am don't understand your statement of no editable field "Request Type".

In regards to after moving issues into JSM project - reporter/owner cannot see the issue anymore.  This is associated to your JSM project's permission configuration.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2022

@Philippe Vlaemminck -

Hi there:

The request type is there for Bulk Edit operation, it is named "Change Request Type"

2022-06-10_8-38-56.png

If you see the field but not able to change it, then check to see if the issues for bulk changes operations are in a terminal status where editing are not allowed  (this is controlled in the WF associated with the issue types used in the JSM project).

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS