Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me how to I add a ticket from one project to the other project?

Maria Hazel Palon January 6, 2024

Hi,

Can someone help me how to I add a ticket from one project to the other project? I have 2 projects 1 is for customer support ticket and 2nd is for the engineering or technical project. I wanted to add the engineering ticket to the customer support dashboard just to have an overview of what is going on with the status of my engineering link ticket. Basically I wanted to create a column on my customer support dashboard for the engineering link tickets so I dont have to go open the engineering project and search for the linked engineering ticket.

Thank you in advance.

3 answers

3 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2024

@Maria Hazel Palon -

Welcome to the community.  As @Kavitha Chandrasekaran suggested using issue links between two projects are a great way to bring visibility to your agents (teams) to access the issues.

One thing to keep in mind that out of the box, customers will not be able access the issue links setup via the portal + or if project A team/project B team doesn't have access to each specific projects.

Please provide further clarification on your ask, so we can assist you further.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Kavitha Chandrasekaran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2024

@Joseph Chung Yin Good point about the access between the projects!! Thanks for highlighting that. 

Like # people like this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2024

@Maria Hazel Palon -

Based on your response to Kavitha's reply on your ask, are you just wanting to reposition the status column right before the Links column?

If so, then you can just reposition columns location.  However, if you want to display the status of the Linked issues in the same resultset, it is not possible.

Best, Joseph

Like Maria Hazel Palon likes this
Maria Hazel Palon January 10, 2024

Hello Joseph, I appreciate your reply. My intention is to showcase a distinct column indicating the status of the linked issues, positioned adjacent to the Links column.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 163518.png

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kavitha Chandrasekaran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2024

@Maria Hazel Palon 
If I am understanding correctly,
you have engineering ticket linked to customer support ticket. 
you have a customer support dashboard that shows customer support tickets. 
you would like to display the linked engineering ticket in that dashboard. 

In the below example, I have linked tickets between two projects and the dashboard of one of the project can list the linked tickets by selecting the linked issue column in the dashboard widget. 

Screen Shot 2024-01-07 at 8.30.36 pm.pngScreen Shot 2024-01-07 at 8.32.10 pm.png

Maria Hazel Palon January 10, 2024

Hello Kavitha, I appreciate your prompt response. I've set up the tab for the Links ticket following the layout in your sample image. I'll be using ticket 'MYB-1' as my reference, designating it as my "engineering ticket." Currently, 'MYB-1' has a specific status, and I aim to establish a shortcut column adjacent to the Links column on the dashboard specifically for the status of 'MYB-1.'

My objective is to create both a Links column and a shortcut column specifically for the VHEN status ticket, positioned right next to the Links column. I've included a screenshot for a visual overview of the situation.

I hope I made a clear explanation. Thank you in advance.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 092034.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kavitha Chandrasekaran
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2024

@Maria Hazel Palon As @Joseph Chung Yin has mentioned, it is not possible to display the linked issue status. If you are looking to do detailed reporting for your projects, you could look at some Jira add-on tools. I have used EazyBI. But I have seen some posts with people recommending few other tools too. If you find a solution, please do keep us posted here. All the best!

Maria Hazel Palon January 11, 2024

@Kavitha Chandrasekaran @Joseph Chung Yin Thank you both for the assistance it’s been a big help to me. Wishing you all the best!

Like Kavitha Chandrasekaran likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events