Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I manually validate an agent email account

Patrick Windsor May 1, 2020

I am a managed service provider looking to migrate from FreshService to JIRA support desk. I am currently going through my use cases and came across one that I cannot seem to solve. Essentially there are instances where my customer will open a ticket with me and we identify an issue that requires us to open a support ticket with a software vendor. That software vendor will correspond with me via email and the FROM address is always 'support@acme.com'. In FreshService I set that email address up as an "Agent" so that the emails would get sent into the system and posted to the ticket. This was simply done by making sure that my FreshService ticket number was in the subject line and that I CC'd the support desk email. In JIRA I have set up the agent with the email address of "support@acme.com, but it wants to verify the account, is there a way I can override that or as an Admin go in a manually verify it?

This is an important need for us and I am really hoping I can solve this. I would very much like to migrate over to JIRA.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2020

Patrick,

I can see a couple solutions here. 

• create the vendor as a customer and add them as a participant. This works well if it is ok to share the Vendors comments with the original customer.
  • created the vendor as a customer and create a linked issue to the original. You can subsequently use automation if you say want to add an internal comment in the original when the linked issue is updated or update the status, etc. for example you might have a status called “awaiting vendor” that you place the original in then when the vendor comments both issues move back to “waiting Support”. 

Note, you could choose to use JSW (if you have it) for the Vendor activities. Also, I generally would not set the vendor as an Agent in most cases for two reasons: cost and visibility to issues you may not wish them to see.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events