Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation

Saul Mata November 6, 2019

Good morning community. A pleasure! I am new here and I have a question to ask you and I hope you can help me.

Sorry for my not so good English.

I am using Jira Service Desk and I have the following requirement:

When a user creates an incident and to be able to solve his request, he is requested some additional information or a particular data and within 5 days (There is no update on the incident) the user does not respond, the incident should automatically go to an X state. (Waiting for user response)

Once in this state X, another 7 days are expected for the response by the user and if there is no update, the incident would automatically go to a FINAL state.

This behavior was already had with the add on AUTOMATIC CLOSURE that was requested from an external provider, but this company stopped supporting and unsubscribed from the service.

I hope you can help me or give me some idea of ​​how to replicate this behavior with some other add on.

1 answer

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2019

Hi @Saul Mata 

Did you try creating an SLA for tracking whether there is an update on the ticket from the customer then using a JQL assigning a goal to it let us say 5 days?

SLA: Waiting for customer

Start Entered Status: Waiting for customer

Stop: Comment: By Customer

Once that SLA is configured then create an in built Automation rule to take some action when this SLA is breached.

Automation

When

SLA: Waiting for customer

Event: Breached

Then

Transition issue: Close (or whatever you want)

You won't need any add-on for this.

Ravi

Saul Mata November 6, 2019

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ , thanks for your quick response. I will try to do what you tell me and I will tell you if I am successful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events