cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for Jira Equivalent to "Customers Involved"

Alex Cahill
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 24, 2020

Inside Jira Service Desk > Customer Notifications, inside the To field, there's an option for "Customers Involved" and a checkbox for "Exclude person who caused the action". Is there a way to use these options within Automation for Jira for sending an email when a comment is created? I need to use Automation for Jira to insert custom variables inside of the email when a comment is made, but I want to replicate the "Customers involved" and "Exclude person who caused the action" options to ensure the correct people are getting the emails.

2 answers

0 votes
Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Is this still not available, now that A4J is deeply integrated into Jira?

I would like to replace the old automation but I need this option to work.

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2020

Hello Alex, 

I'm afraid that's not possible in "Automation for Jira" add on (project automation as you see ti under your project setting)

But the Service desk by itself has basic automation and has this feature to exclude the person who caused the action.

Have you checked that out? You can use smart values

Go to project(service desk) -> settings -> automation

BR, Olga

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events