Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Email Recipient can reply to ticket

Deleted user November 2, 2021

This is one of those is this possible questions...

Currently have an automated rule setup where a customer receives an email when a ticket is created with preset phrase in the summary.

This works beautifully, however what I would like to know, is if there is anyway that the recipient of the automated email can then reply to the email and the response is then added to the ticket?

Currently replies would be sent to no-reply@automation.atlassian.com

I realise there is a "reply to" field in the more options, however this would just go to a standard email and the response would not be added to the ticket

email.png

Answers on a postcard...

2 answers

0 votes
Kyle February 28, 2022

{{reporter.emailAddress}} works for us. 

Side note:

I used {{initiator.emailAddress}} but it makes the "Reply to" address in the email the "Actor" on the rule. (For us that is a service account that isn't a human.)

But I have used {{initiator}} in other parts of automations, and it actually references (for lack of better words) the user that does the action that triggers the rule.

So maybe a bug? 

0 votes
Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2021

Hi,

1) your instance needs a viable e-mail that is attached to your instance.

2) In your customized notification you need to include the hyperlink that url for that issue and the response email would be a valid email. 

Deleted user November 8, 2021

Hmm how would one insert the hyperlink onto the automated email other than manually Inserting it back onto the body of the request?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events