Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Auto Close Tickets with no response after x days

Hi,

I'm in charge of helping modernize and update the help desk for a software company.  My background comes from using ConnectWise products. 

One feature we used was if a ticket was in status X for more than X days email client and do some other house keeping like place in a new status that will alert the help desk to call client.  I found a way to do that kinda using SLA's but I'm riunning into a issue

If we place it in waiting on client and the SLA enables on that status with a 72 hour count down.  Now the client responds the next day, the SLA doesn't reset and I can't find a way to make it.  Is there a way to make the SLA counter restart when a client replies or its back in that status?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Jul 28, 2022

Hi @Justin Thiel,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can do this with automations, if you go to Project settings > Automations and look under the Library tab you will see an automation for that called "Resolve issues due to inactivity" that you can use.

Hi,
   Thats perfect, but I'd like to know 1 more thing.  Can I use variables to pull the client name and assignee name out of the ticket and insert into the public message section?  

Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Aug 03, 2022

@Justin Thiel Yes, just use smart values to do it, the assignee would be {{issue.assignee.displayName}} and the customer would be the reporter.

Like Justin Thiel likes this

Ok last issue I hope.
The what I'm trying to do is if a ticket has no reponse for X days it closes.  If a client responds I want to restart the timer at X days again, not x - whatever time has elapsed already while waiting for a client.  

For example lets say I want to close after 3 days
Ticket is placed in queue by user in status waiting for support.
I contact client and get no response send a follow up email asking questions, I place the ticket in waiting for customer, that starts the timer.

Client responds 48 hours later with the info I need.  Ticket is back in waiting on support, timer is stopped.  But lets say I call the user miss them again, I put the ticket back to waiting on user but the timer is now at only at 24 hours left. 

Can I reset the timer to 3 days or is there another way to accomplish this flow?

You could have a rule that is triggered on a schedule (say, daily) with a JQL filter like this:

status = "Waiting For Customer" and updated < -3d

You could auto-close those. 

Like Justin Thiel likes this

I'm new to this, can you recommend some good documentation on setting it up or working with JQL? TYIA

0 votes

It sounds like you're close. You need to use automation to move the issue out of "Waiting on Client" and back to "In Progress" (or whatever you're using) AND make sure your SLA is set to stop counting when it moves to "In Progress." 

2022-07-29 08_53_02-Clipboard.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events