Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Adding attachment to form

I'm trying to create a form for one of our requests, but can't find a way to add an attachment filed to it. Is it possible?
I'm talking about this feature
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-forms/

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Simon Herd Atlassian Team May 02, 2022

@Nikita Shagiev @Berry Kersten we are kicking off work on the attachment fields in the next couple of weeks we hope to ship it next quarter.

I just shared a preview of what we are looking at building in another post here, if you have the time to watch the preview I'd would appreciate any feedback. 

1 vote

Hi Nikita, 

Thanks for your question! Unfortunately, Forms don't currently support attachment fields. This is, however, planned work. The current workaround is to add the attachment field to the request type configuration. We do acknowledge that this leaves the attachment above the form which is not optimal. 

This is a high priority for us, so the team is working hard to support attachments in Forms in the future. 

Hope this helps and hope you're having a good day, 

Jehan Gonsalkorale

Product Manager, Jira Service Management

Hi @Jehan Gonsalkorale 

We have the same use case. Do you have a rough ETA on when this planned work will be released?

Thanks, Berry.

Hi @Jehan Gonsalkorale! Thank you for your reply! I'd also like to know if there'a s ETA or a feature request page where I can upvote this feature and watch for the progress. Thank you!

Hi @Jehan Gonsalkorale Can we have an update on the time frame for this feature?

@Andrew Hewitson , good to hear from you! See @Simon Herd's comment above. The plan is to ship this feature next quarter. :)  

Like Dean Taylor likes this

hi! @Jehan Gonsalkorale - thanks for the update. I just have a quick follow up question. So, I have ensured the attachment field is added under visible fields (screenshot attached) and ensured to all the issue types and their respective screen that are using when creating an issue directly using the form. But, still I am unable to add attachment as a field to my form. DO you know what else workaround I'm missing here?

I have a tight deadline for this POC and would greatly appreciate if you can navigate me the correct direction here, please and thank-you!

Hi Yash! Sorry for the late reply, I didn't see this. I can't see a screenshot here. I don't think there is a workaround unless you keep the attachment as a regular field in the request type. But this will be resolved next quarter (that is the current ETA). 

Hi guys any update on attachments ?

We want to create a quality check form and need couple of pics :)

Please :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events