Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add "Added Participants" to public comment notification

Christie Diedrick February 26, 2019

I am only given the "Customers involved" or "Reporter" in the "To" section of customer notifications. When I add participants to my CS issue, the participant never receives the notification of a comment.

Thank you,

Christie

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2019

Hi Christie,

Thank you for getting in touch with Atlassian Community!
The option "Added participants" is an option that is only available for the notification "Participant added".
On this notification if they don't click on anything, they will receive the other notifications, but if they click on "Turn off this request's notifications" they won't receive any future notification for the ticket.

If they choose to continue to receive notification and they are not receiving, you must add the "Customers involved" on the "To" field.

Customers involved
All customers involved on the request, including the reporter and request participants.

This notification is not sent to customers if they have turned off notifications for an individual request in the portal or a request's email thread.

- Configuring service desk notifications

If you have any other question, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Christie Diedrick March 1, 2019

Hello Angelica - that worked! Basically our initial notification for "Participant Added" was turned off, so because the new participant was not receiving the initial notification, they were then not receiving the comment notifications.

This was perfect - thank you very much!!!

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2019

You are always welcome Christie!
I'm glad that I could help.

Have a good day!

Regards,
Angélica

Atticus Bikos May 24, 2021

This "Added participant" trigger is not always working for me. For every status in our workflow, we add a new participant. After the first 2 statuses, the "added participant" notification is not firing even though I can see someone new has been added to the ticket as a request participant.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events