Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A better customer portal design. Enhanced drop down menu interface, instead of request type buttons

Stijn van den Hoven March 1, 2024

Hi, we have 10 clients, every clients has 3 request types. This creates 30 buttons on the portal and a cluttered interface nightmare.

Below is the portal design I would like to be able to build in Jira.

I would start with an icon screen giving the user options.

After the selection is made to create a ticket, drop down menus would be much more practical for selection. 

1. Select a client

2. Select a ticket type (Service request, Incident, Change, Problem)

3. Select a label (To classify a ticket issue, this helps in reporting, "service catalogue")

4. Priority questions that help the client set the priority via a matrix, or selecting the priority straight out. 

Then

Sumarize the problem

Required Information

Troubleshooting done

What do you request from us

Etc.

Submit.

I am happy to present this to the Jira devs or management team that could initiate this new portal approach. It would greatly enhance the customer experience and with a much cleaner look. I removed ourcompany logo from the black bar. But the portal redesign images below are easy to understand and speak for themselves. I dont believe drop down selection is currently possible, this is an enhancement request to have a better portal/ client facing interface.

portalredesign.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2024

Hi @Stijn van den Hoven 

You should really look at your setup.

So for each client you made 3 request types, but your sketch shows a complete different setup.

That shows 6 requests, within the 6 request why not have a mandatory select option where they have to select from which client they are.

This in my case would solve a lot of you issues alreadt.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events