Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🚀 Introducing rich customer context in Jira Service Management

41 comments

Scott Koorey June 21, 2023

Am I right in understanding that Organizations and Customers are unique to specific projects?

Our team supports two different services, and we have a project for each service. Some of our customer organizations use one or other service, and some use both services.

Currently we are required to duplicate each organization and each customer within that organization, if we want them to have access to both projects. Ideally what we would like is to have Organizations and Customers exist as independent objects, which can then be associated with projects as relevant.

Is there currently any way to achieve what I'm describing here? And if not, is a multi-project-customer model being considered?

Gabriel Raubenheimer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2023

Hi @Scott Koorey ,

Organizations and Customers (and their associated details) are shared across all your projects on a given site.

You can add a single Organization to multiple projects, which will grant access to those projects for every Customer in that Organization.

Cheers!

Like • Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Sina Schwarz June 21, 2023

Hi team, this sounds like a great feature!

Is there a rough estimate when the .csv import will be available? Like Q4-23 or so?

And will you share a roadmap which other integrations will be implemented first? The majority of our customers use Azure AD, so for us that would be the most interesting one.

Another question - are there plans to integrate this feature with assets? Right now we're using assets objects and an assets field to pretty much implement something identical for customer details but those objects can of course be used to build further references. So in order to fully switch to the new functionality, we would need the ability to create references between objects and organizations for example. And potentially also see those references on the details pages or filter for them in assets.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Like • # people like this
Valdis Visnevskis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 22, 2023

Is it possible to configure which Customer detail fields can be displayed on issue screen?

For example, I want to add phone number as Customer detail and see it on issue together with Reporter name...

Salomon Häseli June 22, 2023

Everyone who likes to see this feature in Teams managed projects as well please vote here: [JSDCLOUD-12778] Implement Customer Service Management feature for Team Managed projects - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products. :-)

Peter Russell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 25, 2023

Agree with previous comments about syncing data from Azure AD.

Being able to see which security and distribution groups a user is a member of would be incredibly beneficial.

Scott Koorey June 28, 2023

Thanks @Gabriel Raubenheimer for clarifying that. Our use-case is actually slightly more complicated, because the customers in a given organization require differing levels of access. We have two main projects, and some customers need access to one project, some need access to the other project, and some need access to both projects.

Our current solution is to have a separate version of the organization in each project, with each organization's member list being slightly different customers based on their access needs. But surely there is a way to achieve this without duplication and unnecessary complexity. Does this new update help with my use-case at all?

Geoffrey Jonkers July 5, 2023

@Gabriel Raubenheimer 
Sorry for the late reply, I was enjoying my vacation :)

Would be awsome to pull Location Department and Manager info and filter on those values.
For we can give for exmaple managers a report of which members of his team creates the most issues.

Like • Gabriel Raubenheimer likes this
Gabriel Raubenheimer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2023

Hey community! Update for you - we've now launched CSV importing, and we have a bunch of exciting features in the works, including new field types coming very soon. You can find out more in this Community post.

This is related to your questions @Andrey Kiyanovskiy  @Polina-NaraSyst- @Erki Tammik @Sina Schwarz @Valdis Visnevskis 

EglÄ— KaziulionytÄ— August 10, 2023

It's quite sad that you're building new features instead of just solving old but so obvious defects, such as https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6383

stefan.waibel September 15, 2023

I just miss that I can use for example the field "Dayrate" directly in a ticket for pricing calculation.

Adam Kassoff November 8, 2023

1. When will there be a feature to set up a sync from an external source to fill the customer context?

2. When can we expect to be able to automatically place the customers into organizations?

3. Will there be a feature for a context field on the customer to link to assets possible store their laptop that they are assigned?

Gabriel Raubenheimer
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2023

@Adam Kassoff thanks for the questions.

1. This is available as of this week, via APIs. You can find out more in this post.

2. This feature is coming in the first quarter of 2024. You can follow along here.

3. This is one of our top requested features and we do plan to support it. We will keep you updated in Community. (cc @Sina Schwarz on your question about Assets).

Cheers!

Gabriel Raubenheimer
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2023

Hi community,

Providing an update for you. These features are now available in Free and Standard plans. We've also released a series of new features and improvements to this feature.

That includes APIs, to sync details from any other source of truth.

You can find out more here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Announcing-new-Customer-Service-capabilities-across-all-Jira/ba-p/2533520

cc @Sina Schwarz @Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_ @Kalin U @Dan Breyen @Zack Salisbury @Peter Russell 

Zack Salisbury
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 11, 2023

Hi @Gabriel Raubenheimer This is awesome! Quick question in regarding the "PUT" function in this API.

Does the request/query parameters limit you to updating only one field at a time when calling the API? Or, would a structure like below allow me to update multiple fields from one call (I am writing the scripts in Python)?

query = {
    'fieldName': 'field1',
    'fieldName': 'field2',
    'fieldName': 'field3',
    'fieldName': 'field4'
    }

payload = json.dumps( {
    "values": [value1],
    "values": [value2],
    "values": [value3],
    "values": [value4]
    } )
G February 6, 2024

Are we getting closer to the Reporter and Request Participants fields both living within the new customer context glance and not being duplicated in other places on the issue view?  If we use this feature, we need it to all live in just that one place and be the actual editable fields to reduce cognitive load.

Within the Customer glance, it would be really helpful to have that be the actual, replaceable Reporter field with the extra details collapsed within it and then right below that, Request Participants that can be added (would be great if hover cards could be re-introduced to that multi-user field there and you could get to this new profile for each of them). 

Also, can we allow the real display name of the portal-only customers to be edited right within the new rich customer context profile by all agents instead of at the site admin level?  This is desperately needed.

Finally, can "View Requests" for that customer be a quick link again?  Until today there was a quick link on the profile card that opens on hover and so it was less clicks to get to the requests.  It could be just like the "View Profile" button that is within the new customer glance or it could come back to hover and hover can function within that section as the actual Reporter field.

Thanks!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events