Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How we’re addressing your feedback on the issue create experience in Jira Service Management

34 comments

Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2022

Hi @Yatish Madhav ,

Thanks for the feedback, I've updated the article. :) 

And yes, it is absolutely toggled on by default. We really want users to see the request type configuration in the issue create experience but acknowledge that this doesn't yet meet the needs of all users. 

Appreciate the feedback on having a preference for a project level toggle. We were worried that would be less discoverable and not cater to cases where a user needed to see a different end user experience per request type (i.e. create screen vs. request type configuration). 

In any case, the idea is that we remove this toggle in the future once we've found a way to better solve the challenges our customers are facing here. 

Best regards,

Jehan

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2022

Thank you @Jehan Gonsalkorale  - I dont think it is a need to "remove this toggle in the future" as it does imply the need for it esp with the number of fields differing between create screen vs. request type configuration - it just needs to be more configurable (required/not required/disabled but shown) but that is my thought :D

Thank you for the feedback and the community consideration!

Like # people like this
Peter December 16, 2022

@Chris UggenI've used "build your own scripted" validator from JMWE to enforce changing the request type. I know we shouldn't have to subscribe to an app to accomplish this, but if that's an option for you or if you already have JMWE, that's one way to accomplish what you mentioned.

Like G likes this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2023

Hi @Jehan Gonsalkorale 

It would be great if the admins could no only decide which Request Type is viewable in the Portal (feature exists today) but also which Request Type is viewable under/in/via the "Create" button (for example, we cannot hide the "Email" Request Type from the "Create" button.

Best,
KGM

Like # people like this
Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2023

Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen , thanks for the suggestion! 

We are definitely aware of this feature request and are hoping to prioritise it in the medium to long term. We are currently focusing on making request types and workflows easier to configure, given that customers are often confused by screens and schemes (so we want to make it possible for them to work without them). 

That said, this is a high value feature that we do want to deliver, we just need to get through our current focus areas first. 

Best regards,

Jehan

Like # people like this
andrew.tang January 17, 2023

How can we have this globally disabled by default? This toggle button is causing issues and making it difficult for our teams to submit requests. 

Andrew Zimmerman October 2, 2023

Hi there, 

I was just wondering if there's any update on the full compatibility with Forms in this create issue experience. If there is a Suggestion ticket I should be watching instead, please refer me to it.

Thanks so much!

-Andrew 

Like Sandra Washausen likes this
Admin December 8, 2023

We want an admin option to turn on/off the display of the "Use Request Type Fields" toggle bottom in the creation screen. Some users complains of the activated status of this bottom.

Thanks.

Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2023

@Admin Thanks for flagging that. We'll be looking into that in the coming year. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events