Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

๐Ÿ”Ž Calling Support Teams: How Often Do You Send Attachments to External Customers?

Greetings, amazing support teams! ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป Itโ€™s Derya from Appfire. 

At Appfire, weโ€™re dedicated to streamlining your workflow to ensure a seamless experience. A vital aspect of this is understanding how you communicate with your customers. Today, we're diving into a crucial aspect of all customer support interactions: Attachments! ๐Ÿ“Ž

Recently, we've taken a significant step forward with our Canned Responses Pro Templates for Jira Cloud app โ€” it's now easier than ever to attach various types of files within your canned responses. These attachments can be images, gifs, videos, PDFs, or any other file format you prefer.

In our quest to continuously improve the support experience for both agents and customers, we're reaching out to gather insights from the brilliant minds in this community. We're curious about your attachment usage habits, and weโ€™d love to know the details!

Here are a few questions to kickstart the discussion:

1. How often do you send attachments to external customers?
  2. What types of attachments do you typically send to customers? Are they screenshots, documents, or perhaps large-sized screen recordings?
  3. Have you set specific file size limits when sending attachments to ensure smooth delivery and optimal user experience?
  4. How do your external customers perceive receiving attachments? Do they express concerns about opening attachments? If so, how do you address these concerns and ensure a sense of security?

Join the conversation!

We warmly invite you to share your experiences, thoughts, and suggestions to ignite a fruitful discussion. Thank you so much for your time and for generously sharing your invaluable insights below! ๐Ÿ’ฌ

11 comments

Matthew Challenger November 15, 2023

Great topic!

It's a bit of a tricky answer. Due to the current out-of-the-box experience being suboptimal, we don't often use the attachment feature. If it were better, I feel we'd use it more regularly.

For some general context, our setup is for internal support for the company, we don't offer support for people outside of our org.

As for your questions...

1. We regularly send attachments, but not via the JSM interface.
  2. Mainly PDFs & images (PNG, JPG). Rarely documents (Word, Excel). But we will email or message then separately with the file.
  3. No set file size limits. Given that we typically email them, there is a general rule of thumb to keep them under 10MB.
  4. No concerns with attachments. This is all internal, so there may be a bit more trust.
Like โ€ข Derya Ozdemir _Appfire_ likes this
ITOPS Burak November 15, 2023

Hi Derya,

Thanks for your article.

I usually send video recording attachments to better explain how-to's rather than trying to send multiple screenshots.  

Hope this helps,
Burak

Mariusz Graj
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 15, 2023

Hi!

In my case, I send mainly screenshots with descriptions, as it is easier to go through the specific steps if you can see where to "click" on something. Going through your questions:

1. Every day.

2. Screenshots.

3. No, but I'm always looking for the size of the image to be sure that I will not exceed the limits and that the message will be visible to the customer.

4. With screenshots, there's no problem. The customers are often grateful that everything is visible, as sometimes, with pure text, it is not that easy to follow manuals if someone is not that technical, and we want to help everyone.

Regards,
Mariusz

SaiSatya November 15, 2023

Hi!

This is an exciting development! The enhanced capabilities of the Canned Responses Pro Templates for Jira Cloud app undoubtedly empower users with a more versatile and streamlined approach to communication. The initiative to gather insights from the community reflects a commitment to understanding and addressing users' needs comprehensively.

1. We regularly send the attachments.
  2. Screen shots and screen recordings.
  3. I prefer the video or the attachments not to exceed more than 20 MB usually.
  4. No issues with the screenshots that are shared.

Regards,

SaiSatya

Holly Wood November 15, 2023

Hello!  We are a B2B company that offers behavioral telehealth services for healthcare systems and clinics.

1. We only send attachments with our canned responses for onboarding processes.
  2. We typically send a PDF or MS Word document as well as image files (JPG, PNG, GIF)
  3. No, but we typically do not exceed 1 MB in total attachments.
  4. All of our healthcare customers have email protection systems that scan incoming files for issues.  We typically do not have an issue unless their system blocks all attachments from external email addresses.  If their email system rejects our email attachments, we usually contact them to ask for a secure FTP to drop the files.
Dilara Akyol {Appfire} November 16, 2023

Hi!

Very often! I typically send large-screen sized recordings. Most of the time users are looking for scheduled call recordings that are huge and include sensitive information about the user side. I really appreciate this conversation!

Thanks

Konrad Szkudlarski November 16, 2023

Hello! Of course! I send them a lot! From small screenshots to heavy screen recordings. Almost every day, I share the attachments with the customers with different extensions - pdf, docs, png, jpg mov, or mp4, but I think they don't reach 20MB. If the communication takes place in the secure layer as in the Jira portal customers open attachments. When they have to do it via email they are more suspicious :) so we always try to find a secure way to send the files.

Derya Ozdemir _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 16, 2023

Hey @Matthew Challenger, thanks a bunch for sharing your insights! It's awesome to get a glimpse into your internal support dynamics. 

It sounds like, for your internal support, the workaround of emailing or messaging attachments separately works well. However, if you'd like to extend the out-of-the-box capabilities and would consider using 3rd party apps for this, you could check our app or contact our support for details or a demo. Are there any other pain points you've encountered with native canned responses?

Derya Ozdemir _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 16, 2023

Hi @ITOPS Burak, thanks so much for your input! I appreciate you taking the time to share them.

___

Hi @Mariusz Graj, thanks a ton for sharing your approach - diligently checking image sizes each time sounds like a pain! I appreciate your time in contributing to the discussion.

___

Hi @SaiSatya, thank you for your response! I'm thrilled to hear that you find the capabilities of Canned Responses Pro valuable. Keeping attachments under 20 MB makes total sense, but the maximum total size for all attachments in a template is 100 MB, so you don't need to worry about that! :)

___

Hi @Holly Wood, thanks so much for providing a glimpse into your practices. If you're willing to share, I'd love to know how you incorporated canned responses into your onboarding strategy!

___

Hi @Dilara Akyol {Appfire}, thank you so much for joining the conversation! Considering the sensitivity of the information in the recordings, what security measures do you have in place to address potential concerns from users?

___

Hi @Konrad Szkudlarski (public name)thanks so much for your answer! Your experiences provide valuable insights into optimizing attachment sharing for both efficiency and security.

Derya Ozdemir _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
November 16, 2023

Hi @ITOPS Burak, thanks so much for your input! I appreciate you taking the time to share them.

Hi @Mariusz Graj, thanks a ton for sharing your approach - diligently checking image sizes each time sounds like a pain! I appreciate your time in contributing to the discussion.

Hi @SaiSatya, thank you for your response! Iโ€™m thrilled to hear that you find the capabilities of Canned Responses Pro valuable. Keeping attachments under 20 MB makes total sense, but the maximum total size for all attachments in a template is 100 MB, so you actually donโ€™t need to worry about that! :)

Like โ€ข SaiSatya likes this
Derya Ozdemir _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
November 16, 2023

Hello @Holly Wood, thanks so much for providing a glimpse into your practices. If youโ€™re willing to share, Iโ€™d love to know how you incorporated canned responses into your onboarding strategy.

Hello @Dilara Akyol {Appfire}, thank you so much for joining the conversation! Considering the sensitivity of the information in the recordings, what security measures do you have in place to address potential user concerns?

Hello @Konrad Szkudlarski (public name), thanks so much for sharing your insights and experiences with attachments! If you have any further thoughts or suggestions on this topic, we'd love to hear them! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events