predefined requests - Jira Service Desk customer portal

Hi  ,

is there way to define list of request known as common issues and if the user have on of these common issue he just check the box of from the list and request will be created ? 

Like : user will access customer portal  > request type >  get list of common issue along with create request box also , 

is it doable ? is there  a plugin help me with this ?

2 answers

0 vote

It is not doable without writing a plugin. I haven't seen on either.

Is this an issue with a common solution? Then you might want to connect JIRA SD to Confluence Knowledge base.

My idea is to save time for my none technical staff in the company .. user login to portal and pick type IT-Support , then he got the summary and desc box to fill it AND he can see list which check box with common issue like : I cant access wifi from sales dept , if tick this box and submit ticket created ..with this issue , so the Agent will take it from there and communicate with user .. still not doable ? unless we have plugin ?

A simpler approach could be organizing your requests into groups and clearly indicate common items, or items you know your users perceive as common.

Also, if you've got multiple service desk projects running, you get a portal home, which automatically displays the top 5 used request types.

image2014-11-26 16:32:46.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

56 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot