Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outdated() and withinCalendarHours() JQL functions for JIRA Service Desk

Ligia Merciu September 28, 2017

I have JSD version 3.8 installed and I found, in the JQL autocomplete, these two functions, probably used for SLA metrics:

outdated()

withinCalendarHours()

For the last one, I found an issue opend at Atlassian for the lack of documentation. It seems the function exists, although the on-line course for certification as a JSD administrator explicitly  says it does not!

For the first function (outdated()), I found nothing.

It's really frustrating not to be able to find out a thing about them. Can anyone enlighten me on this matter, please?

1 answer

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Ro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2018

Hi Ligia,

I just stumbled across this and am working on adding these (and some other missing SLA functions) to the documentation. In the meantime:

-outdated(): this function only appears in Server. It's used to find issues whose SLAs are out of date because someone has changed the SLA in settings. After the site re-indexes and recalculates the SLAs, the function shouldn't return any issues. You might use it if a re-index is taking a long time, or if you've deferred the re-index because you're making a lot of changes.

-withinCalendarHours(): SLAs can pause due to conditions you set in SLA Settings, or due to the SLA Calendar. This function finds issues whose SLAs are running/not running based on the calendar. For example, if an SLA has a Mon-Fri calendar, and you search on a Saturday, the function would return no results. This is different from paused() or running(), which find issues that are running/not running based on a condition.

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events