Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure so users don't have to log in to web portal to submit requests

Joann Neve February 20, 2019

help article doesn't seem to have the correct path . .. that I can find.. .. anyone have the correct path

1 answer

0 votes
Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2019

Hi Joann,

I am not on the Service Desk team but I will try to help.

If you go to your project then Settings -> Customer Permissions you will see the top section and the options 'Anyone can send a request without logging in'.

I hope that helps!

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 3.33.46 pm.png

Thanks for this, I made that setting. I know there is another setting for the portal. I just can't find it. Thanks

joann

Like Marty likes this
Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2019

Hi Joann,

can you explain what you mean by 'another setting for the portal' ?  

This setting controls whether users need to login to submit a request.

What other behaviour are you trying to control?

I need to change the setting in this article also. I just can't find the path

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/global-customer-permissions-954239154.html

Like Marty likes this
Marty
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2019

Ahh that is a global setting, I think you need to be a system administrator to access that.

i am

Like Marty likes this
Marty
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2019

I think there is a Project Admin and a System Admin which are different things.

In any case, this setting is not at the project level.

As per the article you linked, here are the steps, where do these steps stop working for you?

1. Choose the Jira icon > Jira settings > Applications.

2. Under Jira Service Desk, select Configuration.

3. Look for the subsection titled Customer permissions.

I found it a second before I got this. .. all fixed

thanks for the engagement

Like Marty likes this
Marty
Atlassian Team
February 20, 2019

I'm glad you found it!

Muhammad Bilal May 15, 2019

Hi,

I have a question kind of a same. we have almost 20 different projects, some projects on the customer permissions are allowed '' ANY ONE CAN SEND A REQUEST WITHOUT LOGGING IN'' & some are '' CUSTOMERS MY TEAM ADDS TO THE PROJECT'' 

But when the customer who already have the portal access '' CUSTOMERS MY TEAM ADDS TO THE PROJECT'' they can see all the other project links of our project names and the customers. I want to know how they can be restricted to not to see other project names. I understand that anyone can send a request without logging in has been enabled for some project. But i do not want this to be showed on the main portal for the customers to see all our clients names. Let me know the answer please

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events