Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a new customer in only one project

Orlando Vanhove November 26, 2019

Hi,

We have two active projects. both using the service desk portal.

When a new customer is created in project A by an agent who only has access to project A.

The new customers also pops up in project B (which I can see when logged on as admin who has access to both projects)

When this new customer registers a complaint on the service desk portal. The issue 

automatically goes to project B because of this .

I don't see any option to make sure, when creating a new customer , this customer is only created in the current project. 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2019

Hello Orlando,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Desk we have the option to let anyone create requests or keep the project closed to only people that are manually added.

With that said, when we have two projects (let's use projects A and B), where project A is open and project B is closed, if we manually add a customer on project B, they will automatically have access to project A, because anyone with an account on the site can create tickets on project A. The opposite is not true, so if we add a customer on project A, they won't have access to project B, because it's closed, unless an admin or agent goes to the project and add them.

In order to fix what you mentioned, you need to let both of the projects closed and everyone that needs to create a ticket on your site will have to be manually added by an agent or admin.

This configuration you can find in Project settings > Customer permissions.

You can find more details on the documentation below:

If you have any other question regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

1 vote
p.verboeket November 26, 2019

if you add a customer with an emailadress that is all ready in use in a other project it automatically will be added to this project. 

If the customer logs in, he can see in his profile the two projects.

but he can't select the organization if he wants to make a servicerequest because you can't add the field organization to the screen.  

i think the only way is to make an own portal with an API... till now Jira doesn't have a solution for this.. I have the same problem

Orlando Vanhove November 26, 2019

Hi,

Thanks's for you reply.

This explains why I can't find a config to make sure a new customer (new e-mail) is only added to one project. Jira simply doesn't support that

0 votes
Sebastian Kurrek November 26, 2019

already clarified

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events