Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without configuring an email channel can a customer answer an issue by email?

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2018

We are using a handler to create new requests by email because we want anyone to be able to email my Service Desk but we do not want new customers created in the platform.

Since we are not configuring and email channel, after when the customers we want to be able to use the portal answer an issue by mail it does not work. I understand it is a strange configuration so I want to know.

Does an email channel have to configured in order to comment (not create as I am handling it in another way) issues?

Right now it does not seem to be working

1 answer

0 votes
Jeff Curry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2018
laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2018

Hi Jeff, this is not usefull for me as I do not want the tickets created in the first place because, when by email an issue is created, it creates a user. And we do not want unnecesary users being created in your Jira

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events