Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i find the file which includes the "pcounter" information for issues?

Johannes October 10, 2017

I want to reset my project to counter 1 because i finished testing my service desk.

Thanks for helping.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2017

Hi Johannes,

We have an article titled How to reset the project counter after moving issues that may help:

(info) Modifying data directly in JIRA's database is out of scope for Atlassian Support. These instructions are to help provide guidance if these changes are absolutely needed.

Always back up your data before performing any modifications to the database. If possible, test any alter, insert, update, or delete SQL commands on a staging server first.

Please note that after executing the steps below the old links (created before moving the issues) will be unavailable or pointing to the new issues with the same moved issue keys. This is very important change, since it can create a lot of confusing to users that already have links to the moved issues.

To reset the project count you need to execute the following two steps (please substitute A in the below queries for your project key):

1.     Reset the pcounter field from project table

UPDATE project SET pcounter=0 WHERE pkey='A';
  2. Remove the rows referencing the old issue keys from moved_issue_key

DELETE FROM moved_issue_key WHERE old_issue_key like 'A-%';

After the above steps you should be capable to create issues starting from the number that was set in the pcounter field.

Hopefully that gets you the results you're looking for!

Cheers,

Branden

Johannes October 10, 2017

Thanks for your reply. I already found that article. Not helpful because i dont know where to put in these lines

UPDATE project SET pcounter=0 WHERE pkey='A';
DELETE FROM moved_issue_key WHERE old_issue_key like 'A-%';

Do i need Visual Basic or some IDE with SQL?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

The article does state that this is a database change, which means executing the commands in the database.

I tend to use the command line for whatever database is installed because it comes with the database and is good enough for simple database changes like this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events