Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webform email submission to Jira Service Desk does not respect the Reply-To header

Greg Johnson August 10, 2018

In order to keep with our branding, we are using a web form to submit an email to the address used for Jira Service Desk.  It is sent using a From address that is at our company.  However, the Reply-to header is set correctly to the address of the customer that submitted the form.

In the request that we see inside JSD, the Reply-To appears to have been ignored completely, and the Reporter is a constant value of our company address.

We are attempting to migrate from Zendesk, which respects the Reply-To header.

Does anyone have any bright ideas on how to handle this correctly?

Many thanks,

greg

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2018

Greg,

There is a request for this functionality in service desk but it does not currently work that way.  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4920  I would suggest that you update your for to use the JIRA API so you can populate the reporter field properly.

Greg Johnson August 10, 2018

Thanks.  I can't find a general form tool for WordPress that submits via a REST API, so we are a bit stuck.  I did comment on JSDSERVER-4920 - thank you for pointing me to that.

Back to Zendesk.  Argh.  We were so close.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2018

Greg,

You should check out Zapier.  It should be able to bridge the gap.

Thanks
Brant

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events