Tickets Without approvals

Hi,

Requirement – customer will create some type (Low level) of tickets, these kind of tickets should process with approvals in workflow, that should be automatically assigned to it helpdesk.  

So can you provide the steps how and where to configure.

Regards,

Lakshminarayana

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Oct 12, 2017

@Lakshmi Narayana, if you are asking about how to set up an approval workflow please read this document. Note the link is to the Cloud document if you are on server you should search for server version.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply.

I have two issues here.

1. I have changed in the workflow chart and approval tickets are  working but without approval tickets are showing waiting for approval,

for example, VPN ticket need approval and normal ticket no need approval.

how we can resolve the issue.

thanks,

Lakshminarayana

you will want to create two workflows (one with approval and one w/o approval). Then you will have to create Issue Types and assign them to the appropriate workflow. In this way when the customer opens a request they will need to specify the issue type. If the customer chooses the incorrect issue type or uses email to open an issue that requires approval then the agent will need to move the issue to the issue type that is associated w/ approval.

Hi Jack,

could you please send me steps or any refer document to two workflows and assign the issue types.

Thanks,

Lakshminarayana

Are you using Cloud version? If so please read the following document - Workflows

It may seem complicated on the surface but it really is not. You can use the default workflow for the non-approval and then create a new one w/ the approval steps. Then simply go to the settings/workflow and add the workflow there and choose the issue types. In the image below you will see an example of this.

approval_WF.jpg

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

941 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot