Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servicedesk workflow adjustments

Daphne Thunnissen September 23, 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to change the workflow of Servicedesk to meet our needs. The problem I encounter is that I cannot find any instructions how to make more statuses for the customer to see. The only 2 that are "enabled" are 'Waiting for support' and 'Waiting for customer'. 

I want to have more statuses like:

• Your request is being processed
  • Your request is in development
  • Your request is waiting to be picked up

Is this possible? I know how to change the workflow etc but don't seem to be able to do this.

Thank you in advance.

Daphne

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jan Cornelissen September 23, 2014

Hi Daphne,

in my experience, alle statuses are visible for the customers.
You can add or rename statuses in the workflow scheme for your project. Double click on a status gives you the possibility to change the name. There should be a few button to Add existing status or Add new status.

What the customers see in the portal can even be modified in the Customer portal settings. When you make a request type, in de edit form screen, there is a second tab: workflow statuses. There you change the final displayed status. This is very useful when making a workflow with multiple statuses for internal use (like 'on hold', 'in progress', ..) Customers don't need to see them all because it easily gets confusing. If you change the 'status name shown to customer' for 'in progress' and 'on hold' to 'Your request is in development', no change in status is shown for the customer when the actual status changes between 'in progress' and 'on hold'.

hope this makes sense smile

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

But that seems like a valid answer ;-)

0 votes

Hi Fabrizio,

In this issue (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/306326) there is a discussion about the triggers that are build in on the workflow of servicedesk. It seems rather complicated to be able to make a status or transition which will work correctly. If you edit the Servicedesk workflow and select one of the transitions or the one of the statuses you will notice that they have properties, validators and post functions. These are the ones which are needed to sent notifications and to trigger changes of statuses.

I also tried to figure out how these work or find some kind of documentation on them but can't find it. This makes it very hard to do anything with the workflow besides adding statuses which are not visible to the customer.

Cheers,

Daphne

0 votes

Hi Jamie, I just answered the question of Fabrizio. Sorry about not commenting on his comment.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2014

Please try not to "answer" a question with a comment, it just discourages people who may have answers from looking if there are already "answers". I converted it to a comment.

0 votes
Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2014

follow this question, i need to know if possible to manage when notification are sent and when automatic wf status advance are triggered, usually every customer has his workflow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events