Service desk group queues

In the video below (at 8:40), it show the queues in service desk queues in groups (assigned/unassigned).  How can you do this?

http://blogs.atlassian.com/2015/02/solve-tickets-jira-and-jira-service-desk/

1 answer

1 accepted

Hey Greg,
These are just different JQLs behind the queues.

F.e. Unassigned splits in a queue with all unassigned issues and issue type/ request type separated

Unassigned - assignee is empty
hardware - assignee is empty and "issue type" = hardware / assignee is empty and "request type" = hardware
etc. 
These are just multiple JQL which look like such a grouping.

Hope this could help you - if you have specific questions for this feel free to ask smile  

Greets
Simon 

Edit :
Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-26 um 11.41.55.png 

Nice. How do you create sub-queue with arrow?

I'm not sure on this one but I think it's just this one ↳ (U+2183) Unassigned (assignee is empty) ↳ Hardware (assignee is empty and "issue type" = hardware)

@Olivier Albertini I got you a screenshot of the suggestion from my demo instance :)

Hmm? This is still not clear to me. What is (U+2183)?

@Juan Peraza this is the unicode for the arrow symbol - you can also just copy the arrow and paste it in the name of your queue. Same effect :)

Wow, how simple.

Hopefully, this issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-285 will be implemented some day so we don't have to resort to "fooling" the agents into thinking the queues are grouped.

This is great info, thank you! Is anyone else having trouble with the display of the unicode character, I can paste that in, but it renders as "?", and I'm not quite sure how to use the code provided, that just renders as text when I enter in that format.

Greg could depend on your browser .. try to test another browser or your jira doesn't use UTF-8 .. last could be a bigger problem.

I have updated the request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-285 with the workaround listed in this discussion. Feel free to vote and comment, add your use-case on the linked JIRA ServiceDesk issue relating to this functionality.

@Simon Kegel Do you know if that works in local server installation ? i cant get it to work on my installation thanks in advance

@Matt Jones [Atlassian] thanks :) @SXPCPH this is a local installation :( What exactly isnt working? The arrow symbol itself ?

When i insert the arrow symbol is not making any difference f ex ↳ Queue 1 ↳ Queue 2 Can you write me an example in how you use it ?

@SXPCPH It's literally just faking a grouping of queues. So there is no real function behind. You got your "mainqueue" f.e. Hardware requests (component = hardware) ↳ Keyboard requests (component = hardware and category = keyboard) ↳ Mouse requests (component = hardware and category = mouse) So you give the queue a name - every "underqueue" gets an arrow ↳ to fake the visual effect of groups. Behind every queue is just another JQL statement and no real grouping function .. hope this feature comes in a future release. Hope this can help you.

@Simon Kegel Thanks for you help , i cant understand that , let me start in what i have and what i want to do , i have a list of clients name and i have created a feild with all of those names in the customer portal what i want to do is to create a head queue with as (clients) and Place those clients queues as sub queue i have tried to wirte whatever in the JQL statement but cant get it to work thanks in advnace

@ Simon kegel i got it , its just a fake (how should i see it ) layout

I get a question mark when I attempt this. As does the last person to comment on JSD-285. Does anyone have an idea why that would be so?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

36,709 views 13 39
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you