Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service desk email notification customization

Nishith Desai December 8, 2017

Hi,

I am new to JIRA service desk. 

WE want to show all comments in descending order in email notification on public comment addition.

Is there any way to do it?

2 answers

1 vote
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Hi @Nishith Desai

You can show all the public comments for SD request in email using our add-on Raley Email Notifications 

Here's a working example of template that demonstrates it.

Best,

Vlad

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

Hi Nishith,

As far as I'm aware, there is not a way to show the full comment history in email notifications in Service Desk without additional plugins.

One plugin that can provide that functionality is Email This Issue.

Here's another question asking about this, where the top answer shows the template you can use to include all comments in emails:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/Velocity-template-to-include-all-comments-cannot-access-c/qaq-p/39614

Cheers,
Daniel

Nishith Desai December 14, 2017

Is there any plan to bring this as feature?

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2017

Hi Nishith,

I looked around and found several feature requests for this issue. Here's the one that seems to be the original - have a look and watch/vote on the issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-2044

Development on Jira Service Desk is still happening at a pretty fast clip. I don't work for Atlassian, but I can say that if that issue gets a lot of votes, there's a good chance of someone on the Service Desk team taking a look at it.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events