Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search bar is missing

Hezy Asher March 26, 2018

Hi

I had just linked Confluence as a knowledge base to a JIRA desk and the search bar was visible. Suddenly the search bar is missing and I can only display it when I click the magnifying glass icon, as described in the following thread:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Search-bar-missing/qaq-p/634677

This is quite strange, as the thread is from September 2017 and we saw the search bar only yesterday.

Notably, the knowledge base topics are still displayed when I raise a project requirement.

KB_present.pngkb_not_present.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anthony Rojas April 4, 2018

I forgot to comment on this. I received this response from the support ticket I created.

Thanks for contacting Atlassian Support.

Allow me to share with you that recently Atlassian has implemented a new interface and features at customer portal. You can access your search bar at the top right corner, near your avatar picture.

Also, allow me to share with you that our search algorithm has been updated and it has improved the results returned and with the search bar on the top of the screen, you can search on any screen now.

I would like to ask you to give your feedback on this link: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6035
This feature was created for customers to give feedback about the new interface and then our developers will receive and check what they can improve to give the best experience for our customers.

Comment on the JSDCLOUD-6035 ticket and leave your feedback. I have and I've asked my team to.

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2018

Hezy,

The Community post you linked applies to the Confluence quick search from within Confluence. Since your screenshots are of your Jira Service Desk Customer Portal, I assume you are referring to the Knowledge Base search bar.

Could you show me what settings you currently have for your linked Confluence Space including the permissions you selected? Does everyone get this view or only certain users?

Lastly, please confirm what version of Confluence and Jira Service Desk you are running.

Regards,

Shannon

Anthony Rojas March 28, 2018

Hi Shannon,

I am having the same issue with Jira Service Desk Customer Portal. In our case, We have everything setup correctly. We recently tested the login-free method and turned it off. We checked the global, space, and page permissions and they appear to exactly the same as they were before we tested the login-free method. 

I don't know if it was an issue before testing the login-free method, I just know that its an issue now and we are unable to resolve it.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2018

Anthony,

Can you confirm what version of Confluence and JSD you're running, and show us your current settings for the knowledgebase connection and permissions?

Regards,

Shannon

Glenn Hunt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2018

We are having the same issue with the missing knowledge base search bar on our JIRA Service Desk portal page. Are there any updates?

Jira Service Desk Application 3.3.0-OD-1000.3384.0

Confluence 1000.0.0-8560a216052

Anthony Rojas April 3, 2018

@Glenn Hunt

I forgot to comment on this. I received this response from the support ticket I created.

Thanks for contacting Atlassian Support.

Allow me to share with you that recently Atlassian has implemented a new interface and features at customer portal. You can access your search bar at the top right corner, near your avatar picture.

Also, allow me to share with you that our search algorithm has been updated and it has improved the results returned and with the search bar on the top of the screen, you can search on any screen now.

I would like to ask you to give your feedback on this link: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-6035
This feature was created for customers to give feedback about the new interface and then our developers will receive and check what they can improve to give the best experience for our customers.

Comment on the JSDCLOUD-6035 ticket and leave your feedback. I have and I've asked my team to.

Like Tony Sexton likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2018

Hi Anthony!

Thank you so much for following up! Could you reply as a new answer with that Cloud ticket number? I can then accept it as the answer to this issue.

@Hezy Asher can you confirm if you are indeed on Cloud?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events