Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict transition permission only to current agent assigned

Matúš Klaudíny November 13, 2018

Hello, 

I am trying to find a better way how to allow only the assignee of the issue to perform any transition in my Service Desk Project workflow. What i am trying to achieve is that agents can't access these transitions between each others tickets to prevent missclicks. I know that I can use Condition such as (Current assignee is able to perform this action) on each transition of the workflow to fulfill this request, but I am looking for a better way than set 20 transitions manually - and that is through permission scheme. 

However when i've changed permission scheme from:

TRANSITION ISSUES: 

Administrators
Service Desk Team
Service Desk Customer - Portal Access

to

Administrators
Current Assignee 

JIRA shows up the error message that this configuration is impacting some core service desk functionalities - in which case I have no idea why is that or what is disruptive in this permission setup. Am i missing something? Is transition permission also linked to Create issue permission which prevents customers from performing create transition? Please let me know if there is something which I do not think of. 

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2018

Hello Matúš,

The only thing that will not work on the permission you configured is that it must have the Service Desk Customer - Portal Access added to it, otherwise, your customers will not be able to transition issues back to your agents when they answer it.

Although the Administrator and the Service Desk Team can be ignored (You can dismiss the warning), the Customers permission is required to make your Service Desk project works fine. 

Please, let me know if it works for you with those permissions.

Matúš Klaudíny November 14, 2018

"your customers will not be able to transition issues back to your agents when they answer it." - Isn't this based on the automation rule which is triggered by service account attached to Automation section as a default account responsible for the list of rules?

Matúš Klaudíny November 14, 2018

Also, would you solve my problem - "agents can't access these transitions between each others tickets" by permission scheme? Or rather go for conditional approach via Workflow? What should be the best practice here?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2018

Hello Matúš,

About your first question:

The permission Scheme of your project is also applied to customers. That being said, they will not be able to transition back the ticket to your Agents independently of any automation rule that triggers from it (The Automation rules are also executed as the customer triggered it).

For your second question, I believe that if you only add the Service Desk Customer - Portal Access to your permission scheme, your Agents will still not able to access each other tickets unless they are added as customers too, which is not a correct configuration.

Matúš Klaudíny November 16, 2018

That solves this i think! So if w can dismiss that error for Desk Team only then it should work as i requested. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2018

You are welcome, Matúš.

Have a nice weekend and please let me know if you face any questions regarding this matter again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events