Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after upgrade to 7.4.1

Sheryl Briggs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2017

After upgrading JIRA Core to 7.4.1 and JIRA Service Desk to 3.6.1, workflow buttons are no longer showing, and when I click on Email Requests in the Admin Area, I get the below error:

Referer URL: http://jira.classapps.com:8080/plugins/servlet/applications/versions-licenses

com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: cacheLoader returned null for key 'SD_REQTYPE'

com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: cacheLoader returned null for key 'SD_REQTYPE' at com.atlassian.cache.memory.DelegatingCachedReference.get(DelegatingCachedReference.java:83) [atlassian-cache-memory-2.13.3.jar:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.feature.customer.request.requesttype.RequestTypeInternalManagerScala.com$atlassian$servicedesk$internal$feature$customer$request$requesttype$RequestTypeInternalManagerScala$$getCache(RequestTypeInternalManagerScala.scala:91) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.feature.customer.request.requesttype.RequestTypeInternalManagerScala.getAnyRequestType(RequestTypeInternalManagerScala.scala:152) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.feature.customer.request.requesttype.RequestTypeInternalManager.getAnyRequestType(RequestTypeInternalManager.java:202) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.feature.customer.request.requesttype.RequestTypeInternalManager.getValidRequestType(RequestTypeInternalManager.java:207) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.feature.emailchannel.EmailChannelHelperImpl.requestTypeOf(EmailChannelHelperImpl.java:67) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.feature.emailchannel.EmailChannelHelperImpl.lambda$requestTypeOf$4(EmailChannelHelperImpl.java:60) [?:?] at io.atlassian.fugue.Either$RightProjection.flatMap(Either.java:886) [fugue-4.5.0.jar:?] at io.atlassian.fugue.Either.flatMap(Either.java:231) [fugue-4.5.0.jar:?] at com.atlassian.pocketknife.step.EitherStep1.then(EitherStep1.java:18) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.feature.emailchannel.EmailChannelHelperImpl.requestTypeOf(EmailChannelHelperImpl.java:60) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction$$anonfun$5$$anonfun$apply$1$$anonfun$apply$2$$anonfun$6.apply(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:135) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction$$anonfun$5$$anonfun$apply$1$$anonfun$apply$2$$anonfun$6.apply(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:133) [?:?] at scala.collection.immutable.List.map(List.scala:284) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction$$anonfun$5$$anonfun$apply$1$$anonfun$apply$2.apply(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:133) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction$$anonfun$5$$anonfun$apply$1$$anonfun$apply$2.apply(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:131) [?:?] at scala.collection.immutable.List.map(List.scala:284) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction$$anonfun$5$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:131) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction$$anonfun$5$$anonfun$apply$1.apply(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:130) [?:?] at scala.collection.immutable.List.flatMap(List.scala:338) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction$$anonfun$5.apply(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:130) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction$$anonfun$5.apply(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:129) [?:?] at scala.collection.TraversableLike$WithFilter$$anonfun$flatMap$2.apply(TraversableLike.scala:714) [?:?] at scala.collection.immutable.List.foreach(List.scala:392) [?:?] at scala.collection.TraversableLike$WithFilter.flatMap(TraversableLike.scala:713) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction.convertIncomingEmailChannelSettingsToBeans(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:129) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction.com$atlassian$servicedesk$internal$actions$admin$AdminEmailViewAction$$renderAllocationPage(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:84) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction$$anonfun$doView$1$$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$2.apply(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:72) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction$$anonfun$doView$1$$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$2.apply(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:70) [?:?] at scalaz.$bslash$div.fold(Either.scala:57) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction$$anonfun$doView$1.apply$mcV$sp(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:68) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.ServiceDeskWebActionSupportScala.actionView(ServiceDeskWebActionSupportScala.scala:124) [?:?] at com.atlassian.servicedesk.internal.actions.admin.AdminEmailViewAction.doView(AdminEmailViewAction.scala:68) [?:?] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [?:1.8.0_102] at.......

The reason for upgrading that our incoming emails stopped creating new issues in the service desk project. This happened when we changed the password to the email associated with the incoming emails.

I have run an integrity test and it passes all tests successfully. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Caleb Curry

Classapps.com

4 answers

0 votes
Avinash Singh March 1, 2018

any feedback on this?

0 votes
sysadmin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 6, 2017

Hi, I have just performed the migration yesterday and i am having the same issue. Since this issue has been raised in August 2017 , is there any solution available?

0 votes
Sven Listing August 28, 2017

I have the same error here. Unfortuneatly I don't have a backup at hand, since the last time we used Service Desk is some months back and we wanted to start fresh.

Any other idea how to fix this? It would also be fine to totally wipe the old SD installation and start from scratch - but how do I really remove SD completly?

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

Looks like one of your request types has something busted in the cache. I would try restarting the app to see if that clears out the caches and fixes it. If it does not, then I would restore a backup on a second server and investigate the request types in the DB and compare the two to see if anything is missing. 

Sheryl Briggs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 1, 2017

I now have the emails coming in, but they are delayed by about 5 hours. Also, replies to tickets are not making it out of the system despite outgoing email tests running successfully.

I still cannot get the buttons to update the status of support tickets to show up for me. When I check my permissions, it says I need to be in the support-desk group in order to change the status of a ticket, but when I look at my groups, I am part of that group already.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events