It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Need to open service desk issue on behalf of

JackieB Dec 29, 2017

As a Manager, I need to be able to raise a Service Desk request on behalf of a member of my team. for instance, if someone on my team has lost computer/server access.

1 answer

0 votes
Edwin Kyalangalilwa Community Leader Dec 29, 2017 • edited

Hi Jackie,

This is possible. When creating request, change the Reporter field to whom you're requesting on behalf of.

Or raise it as yourself and add them as Request participants.

JackieB Jan 02, 2018

How do I do this in Help Center? I am not acting as a Service Desk agent.

Andrew Heinzer Atlassian Team Jan 02, 2018

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to do this would be if you were a Service Desk Agent, or Project Admin with agent access.   You could then still do this in the customer portal when creating the request, or via the Jira main web portal by the method Edwin recommended.

But otherwise, I don't see a way for other (non-agent) users to be able to do this.   In that case, I would recommend just adding a text comment to the issue that is created to explain to the Agent who this request is really for and ask the Agent to change the reporter value to the username/email in question.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

4 changes to queues and issues you don’t want to miss

Hello Atlassian Community! I'm Tania, a Senior Product Marketing Manager for Jira Service Desk Cloud! I'm excited to announce some exciting improvements coming up for those who work with queues and...

906 views 9 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you