Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letting Requested Participants see internal comments

roger_alling December 10, 2019

Hello.

In my company we use the Jira Servicedesk both internally and externally.

When using it to communicate with external costumers we have some set team leaders who are agents who recieve and handle tasks, then they add additional resources for the task by adding Requested Participants.

However, we wish for them to be able to communicate using "Comment Internally" as we do not wish for our costumers to see every interaction in the case flow. The ones added as "RP"'s are not agents in the system (they really dont need it as they just need to get comments and add them, they wont do any workflow changes to the task).

Is there anyway to make it so they can see the Internal Comments?

Is there any plugin that gives this functionality? Or maybe a way to let you pick specific groups you want to be able to see the comment?

In advance, thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2019

If the additional resources have no Jira licenses (Jira Core, Jira Software), they won't be able to see the ticket from the agent interface, hence won't be able to leave internal comments via the portal interface or via email. The additional resources need at least a Jira core license to be able to add internal comments, and I don't think there is an app for this 

roger_alling December 10, 2019

Hello.

I see, thats a bummer. Well, thank you for the reply, I guess we will have to see how we will deal with this then :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events