Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk: Do we have to pay twice if our developers work on service desk tickets?

Miriam Weber February 13, 2018

I have the following issue with my team: We have software projects and now I installed a service desk project. If our developers (have core licence for software projects) want to work on tickets entered via service desk (they want to assign themselves to the ticket and change ticket status), I have to give them the Service Desk Team role in the service desk project. So I have to pay for them twice, right? I pay for the Jira core license and the agent-role in Service Desk. Is that true?

And if we don't want to pay twice we always have to create a linked issue in a software project, but then we have to manage two tickets which is not very efficient?

Thanks for your reply and regards,

Miriam

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2018

Hi there,

your description of your situation is accurate. If you want users to be able to work on service desk tickets other than commenting, you need service desk licenses.

Atlassian's idea is that there is a customer-facing ticket with internal and external comments and there is a developer ticket that properly describes the problem and not just 'nothing works' as the summary (as a customer might say).

However, with Scriptrunner, you can automate to transition a linked issue. For instance: you could link 'in progress', 'testing' and 'released' to automatically move statuses in your service desk project and even comment on the issue.

Does that make sense? Would that work for you?

Cheers,
Krisz

Miriam Weber February 13, 2018

Thanks Krisz for your answer! Yes to use Scriptrunner would be an option... I will try to figure that out...  

Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2018

no sure, how familiar you are with scriptrunner, maybe this could help: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/ScriptRunner-to-transition-linked-issue/qaq-p/351814

it's about transitioning a linked issue

Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2018
Miriam Weber February 18, 2018

Thanks Krisz. Will need help of our developers on that one - I am just a product owner with business background ;o) But I will pass the links on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events