Is it possible to have the Customer Request Type field show on the customer portal?

Is it possible to have the Customer Request Type field appear on the customer portal view of an issue?   Sometimes our Service Desk Agents will need to change the Customer Request Type (typically in the event that the Requester chooses the wrong type during submission) so it would be helpful to always show the current Customer Request Type on the customer's view of the request.  Thanks.

3 answers

0 vote

Patrick,

May be i didn't understand you request, but it's usually the first column of the request list of the customer, it appears by default.

I may not have used the correct terminology.  I'm referring to the page a customer sees when they are viewing a request that has already been submitted.  See screenshot below.

image.png

Gaston Valente Community Champion Jan 16, 2018

It's implicit by the icon, i think there's no standard way to achieve this

That's what I was afraid of.  We have about 40 different request types so using a unique icon for each isn't very helpful.  Thanks for taking the time to respond though.

0 vote

Hi Gaston,

Weirdly, if you hover over the icon in the "requests list" it will let you know what the request type is.  However if you hover over the icon in the request view it does not.

There is a feature request for this

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4803

But it's not getting much attention.  Wish they would just fix the hover ability at the very least.

Susan

Thanks Susan.  I had also noticed the hover difference between the icons in the request list vs the request view.  Seems like it should be a simple fix.  The request view will carry over the request's icon, so carrying the name over as well shouldn't be difficult.  I've added a comment to your linked suggestion in the hopes that it gets some attention.  Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Yes, that was what i notice reviewing the sd interface to answer patrick's question.

It should be clear which request type was raised

I voted for the issue

thanks!

0 vote
Susan Hauth Community Champion Jan 16, 2018

Hi Gaston,

Found another one that's specific to the missing tool tip:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-1458

Please chime in

Done!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

792 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you