Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to allow the customer to be notified of the request progress?

aline.bertrand June 6, 2019

We'll be using Service Desk internally as a way for other teams to send requests to the Product Team. 

Therefore, for instance, the operations team would be the "customer", and the product analyst would be the "agent" and the rest of the product team would be the "developers".

Is there a way to allow the "customer" to be aware of changes that are happening within the ticket, for instance, when it is moved in progress, or done? 

I saw that there is a confluence ticket about this, however it lets the agents know of the progress, but not the "customer". We will also be linking requests from Service Desk to Jira.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/escalate-jira-service-desk-issues-to-other-jira-teams-930022008.html

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2019

you could use Automation to 'follow' the status from the development issue. That is, when the "linked issues" transition from say To Do to In Progress then the JSD issue could be transitioned to In Progress and a comment added to the customer. This does mean that you need to align statuses in JSD to the extent desired. If you need/want more info here just LMK.

Hey Jack, thanks for that, that was super helpful!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2019

Hello Aline,

an easy and quick solution is to put a comment on a transition which should notify your customers.

A handy tip is that you can use custom workflow statuses for a request type.

Hi Johan, perfect I will incorporate that! Thanks for the link and solution, I appreciate it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events