I have a license key but Jira Service Desk will not confirm the license on my install.

I am trying to install Jira Service Desk and we have a license Key that we purchsed prior to the install. When I enter the key I get a message "We're unable to confirm that Jira license" My install is on a system that is isolated from internet access. Is there a workaround?

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Ian,

The instance does not have to be connected to the internet in order for it to validate as long as you copy and paste a license from my.atlassian.com since it cannot reach out to the Marketplace. 

Also, do you see this in your message:

This license has expired.  Please get a new license or generate an evaluation license.

One instance in which I have seen this is when the default locale was set to something other than en-US.  If it is not set to en-US try setting the default locale to that and see if you continue running into the issue.

Beyond that, do the logs provide any additional information and can you generate an evaluation license from my.atlassian.com on an internet connected machine and see if that works.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Mar 09, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

E.L. Fridge's take on education, Jira Service Desk, and creative Jira use cases

...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...

1,227 views 2 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you