How to setup a custom screen for users and their tasks in JIRA

I want to create a custom screen which displays a table of users and their assigned tasks in order. 

An example would be:

Name           Task 1          Task 2        Task 3

Alex             exp-12          exp-15        exp-1

Jane             exp-3            exp-21       exp-4

I am the project manager and would like to order assigned tasks in this table. 

I could do this in an external program, e.g. google sheets, but I would prefer to remain within Jira if possible. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

The closest I can get to that in JIRA is a board with swimlanes set to assignee.

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] What does that look like and can you tell me/point to me a resource on how to set it up?

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] I'm using jira service desk and I don't have any of those options. My configuration says dashboards and I can add certain gadgets to it. 

Ah, you don't have Software.  OK, you can't really do this then.

You're going to need an add-on or to add the Software application.

Jack Brickey Community Champion Jul 28, 2017

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] I have never used JSD alone and have come to see them as inseperable for my needs. Certainly makes sense that the scrum/kanban feature would not be native to JSD, what about Dashboards? Assume that isn't there either?

hmmm, i should read more closely. 

@Aazir Munir, you indicate you see dashboard and can add gadgets. Can you add the two-dimensional gadget. if so you can do something like this...

Scrum and Kanban are in Software,  JSD provides the SLAs, portal and queue stuff.

JIRA Core provides dashboards (alongside issues, workflow, fields etc), and if you have Software or SD, you get to use them too.

I did think of a 2d filter as well, with Assignee down the left, but I'm not sure the groupings would be useful (I'd probably use status for the other axis) and it wouldn't show the issues until the user clicked through to the search.

@Jack Brickey I can't see the image

sorry. let's try that again. it is just as @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] says: assignees on the left and status across the top but that is configurable.

RNC_Dashboard_-_JIRA.jpg

Thanks guys that solves my problem. Much obliged :)

Be sure to accept Nic's answer.

I don't see any option for accepting an answer. If I click on the three dots near the post, I only get 'Report inappropriate content'. 

Greyed out check mark beside Nic's first response shows 0 votes beside it. Just check check mark.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published 33m ago in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

16 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot