Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Organization field per issue with CSV import for Jira Service Desk

Glemser JIRA Admin April 17, 2018

Hello Atlassian team, 

I'm attempting to migrate data via a CSV file and set the organization based on a single column "Organizations". If I add the organization by name, I get the following error: 

Cannot add value [ [Glemser Test] ] to CustomField Organizations in Issue with summary 'Mobic Oral Suspension V2': For input string: "Glemser Test"

"Glemser Test" is a defined organization name for this project but it doesn't seem to be able to link the organization based on it's name. Additionally, though Organizations is listed as a "CustomField", it is setup on project creation and has security implications built into Jira Service Desk. It is important that we are able to import this field via csv as we have over a thousand tickets that need to be in one of four different organizations.

Thanks for any help, 
-Matt

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2018

Take a look at a ticket that already uses that Organization value. Use Export, XML in regular Jira and see what value it is using. Try that value in the CSV import perhaps

Glemser JIRA Admin April 17, 2018

I was struggling hard to find the export to csv option from the individual project window. Your response set me back on that path and helped me get the correct identifier. Thank you for your help!!

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2018

Glad to hear it. What did the identifier look like in the end?

Glemser JIRA Admin April 18, 2018

It's an integer. It seems like they increment based on your instance. For my test files and test organizations I was importing it was 13 and 14 which seems about right given the number of other organizations on other products I have. I also made one after the other.

The only way I could find to retrieve the integer value was to set the organization to an issue and export the issues to a csv. It's a bit round about, but it works. Thanks again for your help. Sorry for the late response.  

Jordan Loverock September 12, 2018

You can also see the integer you need when you hover your mouse over the organization listed in your customers window. It's the last part of the URL shown in the bottom info bar of your browser.

Amalishiya Robert Alexander February 7, 2024

Thank you so much! I was struggling with this today. Simple and working :)

0 votes
Johannes Rudolf April 25, 2022

Great! Many thanks for your efforts and for sharing! It has helped a lot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events