Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify a velocity file in Jira Service Desk Cloud

Niklas Oscar Hody July 31, 2017

Hi,

I need to modify a velocity file in order to remove commas in number fields, custom field types. 

I found the steps to do so, but can't figure out where to actually conduct the changes.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Removing+Commas+for+Values+Held+in+Number+Field+Custom+Field+Type

It says that I should do it in a development instance. I have Jira Service Desk Cloud.

Can anyone help me out?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

There's a whole pile of problems in here, but I'll try to keep it simple:

JIRA Service Desk does not exist for JIRA 4.3

JSD provides some custom field types, but most are held in the core of JIRA, so unless you wanted to amend one of the SD fields, you're actually looking in the right place, as I'm guessing you really are looking at a numeric

The doc you've found is still broadly correct for changing field templates.  It's a minor (but strongly *not* recommended) code change.

But.  You can't make code changes on Cloud.

Thanks for your answer.

So if I've understood you correctly, I can't remove the commas in a numeric custom field if I have JSD Cloud?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

Correct, you can't hack the code files you'd need to change.

Ok, thanks for answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events